Monday, January 18, 2010

Welcome..let the tasting begin!

Welcome to Project Mangia, an assimilation of recipes that I have tried, edited, and used on a regular basis.  I am an avid baker and I have always enjoyed cooking of any type.  My mother is Italian and my father is Scotch-Irish, so I have grown up with the ideas of good food with little waste.  That's why I want to share all the tricks of the trade with you, things I have learned throughout the experience.  I will include a lot of substitutes with the recipes because, chances are that you will RARELY have every single thing in your cabinets that you will need for any given recipe.  So to avoid having to take that trip to the store for one meal, its best to know how to whip something up from a bunch of nothing! I hope you enjoy all of these as much as I have! 

I recommend starting at the SUBSTITUTES post for some handy substitutes that can help you avoid taking an extra run to the store! Tips are highlighted in blue in each individual recipe and general tips will be found on the substitutes post as well.  Gook luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment